Sunday, September 23, 2007

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COMMUNION JUICE!

"For it is light that makes everything visible This is why it is said: 'Wake up. O sleeper, rise from the dead and Christ shall shine on you.' " Paul, the Apostle.
(Look it up for yourselves)


Hello Good People!

This is my first blog entry on my new site. I have started this blog because I have a passion for clear, honest and thoughtful dialogue about the trends, doctrines and errors of today's urban church. This is not to say that this is the extent of my interest, but it is a main reason I started the blog.

Within the next few days I will post an opinion that I have written. I will ask for your feedback, opinion and discussion.

I must warn you, I am not a shrinking violet and I am not always religiously, politically correct, so.......

Please feel free to give me your honest opinion about what you read.
The church in America is in trouble I don't care what the false prophets (profits) have to say. Somebody needs to WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COMMUNION JUICE!

Here's the first question for you to ponder:

What is the most disturbing trend or change in the/your church you have noticed in the past 10-15 years?

1 comment:

CRB said...

I have only been a born again believer for a little over fifteen years. What I've noticed in the church in general is an emphasis on money and not on Jesus. This is particulary true of the ministries that one sees on television. Seems I've recently heard many a pastor talk about sowing seed. There's one pastor that comes on TV early in the am that I glance at while I'm at the gym. When I look at that particular television I don't see a church service, but I do see his chuch members talking about money that they gave and how God blessed them financially in return.

There's another TV preacher who has said that he will not preach anything negative in his church. Consequently sin has not been mentioned during the times I've watched him. He's a great motivational speaker, has been interviewed on Good Morning America and other shows. He has thousands of folks who attend his church.

What has happened to the church in America??

CRB